The Importance of Wearing Medical ID


Medical identification can save your life. It alerts emergency medical providers of allergies or medical conditions. It can also help notify good samaritans if you are found unconscious that you are in need of immediate medical assistance. 


While I was attending graduate school, my boyfriend, now husband, was in the midst of his EMT and paramedic trainings. He has since gone on to become a firefighter. During his trainings, he came home one day asking me why I didn't wear medical ID. I told him I took mine off years before because it wasn't cute or comfortable. This lead to us discussing how important they were, his training to look for them, and that I needed one. 


So I went looking for something I would love to wear. 


I found American Medical ID! A nice heart shaped medical bracelet that reminded me of jewelry from Tiffany's caught my eye. Best of all it had plenty of engraving space as an added option!

My husband and I had carefully figured out the best information to have for me on my bracelet. My condition: diabetes, my name, and his number. American Medical ID also has some great information about what they recommend for engravings on their site as well. 

Please don't forget to wear your medical identification! 


Comments